Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Hard To Breathe (A Blogspot Exclusive)




It felt like the eerie calm before and after a tornado. The damage was nearly the same. The very air was afraid to move or make a sound. In a moment it was as if all the oxygen in the universe had been instantly removed. All I wanted...needed...was to breathe but could not. The moment of silence gave way to quiet tears. I cannot believe this moment has come and gone. I want to go back to the sounds of before, the beautiful sounds of new. I want to hear the harmony of connection and the melody of finding the one. It was music and fresh air and it all seems to have vanished. I'd offer my life to get it back; though it feels as if it is my life that has already been stolen. The things I find myself willing to relinquish in order to have this sound and this moment astonish me. I'd abandon those things just to feel the warmth of love. It's hard to breathe in the fog of uncertainty, in the haze of disappointment. I know fog never lasts, clouds always dissipate, and the air will always flow freely, but right now it's hard to breathe.