Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sen. Black - FIRE YOUR AIDE!















I will try to keep this short and sweet.


Scenario:

I send out a disparaging email about my company's CEO to other employees of my company, using company email and computers. I also do this on company time.

Result:

FIRED

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can't say that I am shocked by the racist email that was sent out by legislative aide Sherri Goforth, but I am incensed by Senator Black's resolution. Stellar career or not, this Sherri Goforth should be fired. It's one thing to be Jane Doe having your right to free speech and opinion. It's something completely different when you, in essence, send out a racist email about your "CEO".

Senator Black further insults general intelligence by stating "It absolutely does not represent the beliefs or opinions of my office". Really? Doesn't this woman work in her office? Isn't the Senator choosing to look the other way when she should be decisively relieving this woman of her duties?

If Sherri Goforth cannot find a place of basic respect for the Office of the President of the United States then she shouldn't be working in a government office.

In my opinion, until Sen. Black takes definitive action and fires Sherri Goforth, she should have sent the email herself.


Stay Free!